This dish tastes great and is a wonderful appetizer. If you want to use it for a meal, make four large patties.
- 1 pound ground turkey
- ½ cup shredded carrot
- ½ cup finely chopped broccoli
- 1 green onion, sliced finely
- ½ tsp. red pepper flakes
- 1 tsp. salt
- Baby spinach leaves
- 1 package Pillsbury Country Biscuits
- 3 tbsp. smooth peanut butter
- 1 tbsp. rice vinegar
- 1 tbsp. soy sauce
- 1 tbsp. water
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 tsp. sesame oil
- 1 tsp. hot sauce
- 1 tsp. honey
- ¼ tsp. grated ginger
1. Unwrap biscuit roll and divide biscuits (10 per package) in half and roll into small circles. Flatten to resemble hamburger bun, sprinkle with sesame seeds if desired and bake according to package directions (5 minutes). Check to see if risen and browned. If not, bake in 2-minute intervals until done.
2. Create peanut sauce by combining peanut butter, rice vinegar, soy sauce, water, garlic, sesame oil, hot sauce, honey, and ginger in a blender. Blend until smooth. Reserve 3 tablespoons. Set aside. Combine remaining peanut sauce, turkey, carrots, broccoli, green onion, salt and red pepper flakes in a large bowl. Mix well and form into meatball size patties. Flatten.
3. Heat a large skillet over medium heat and spray with non-stick spray. Cook patties for 3 minutes on one side, flip and continue to cook for 3 minutes (or until meat is no longer pink).
4. Place mini burgers on buns, top with reserved peanut sauce and baby spinach leaves. Serve. Makes approximately 20 mini burgers.
Looking for more great recipes? Click here
This recipe originally appeared in our May 2013 issue. Ontario OUT of DOORS is available in both print and digital formats. Subscribe today.