a gun magazine next to firearm

Canadian firearms owners are now required to present their Possession Acquisition Licence (PAL) when buying a cartridge magazine for their firearms. The regulatory changes were sent out in a letter to firearms businesses in early March, according to the Canadian Sporting Arms and Ammunition Association (CSAAA).

The new requirements are as follows:

Subsection 25(1) states that “An individual may transfer cartridge magazine that is not deemed prohibited only if the transferee possesses a valid firearms licence.” 

Subsection 64 (1.2) states that “Following the expiration of a firearms licence, a licence holder may not acquire cartridge magazines during the extension period (six months) and may only acquire cartridge magazines once the licence is renewed.” 

For more on firearms, click here

Click here for more outdoors news