Don’t waste those hearts! These tasty little organ meats make for an awesome bite-sized morsel. Feel free to use the same recipe for goose hearts.
Makes 4 skewers
- 20 duck hearts
- 1⁄4 cup maple syrup
- 3 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 3 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tbsp grainy Dijon mustard
- 2 tbsp Montreal steak spice
- Mix all ingredients together and marinate duck hearts overnight.
- Soak skewers for an hour in cold water.
- Stick five duck hearts on each skewer.
- Grill on high for five minutes on each side, until nicely charred and caramelized.
- Let rest for five minutes and enjoy.
Andrew Rochon is OOD’s food editor. You can follow more of his culinary adventures on Instagram: @wilderness_chef
Originally published in the Nov.-Dec. 2022 issue of Ontario OUT of DOORS