- Guns & Gear
- Where To Go
Burbot is an awesome-tasting fish with a unique texture that works well with poaching.
• ¼ cup butter, salted
• 1 can coconut milk
• 2 fillets of burbot
• 1 lime
• Salt and pepper
1. Add butter and coconut milk in a pot and bring to a simmer over medium heat
2. Keep mixture at a simmer and gently lower in the fish
3. Poach for about 10 minutes until fish is nice and firm and starts to flake apart
4. Remove from liquid and let sit for a minute or two
5. Season with salt, pepper, and zest of a lime
6. Serve on a bed of coconut rice
Originally published in Ontario OUT of DOORS’ 2020 Fishing Annual.