Contest Rules & Regulations
1. No purchase necessary. Each week the contest runs, a prize will be awarded. The first prize was awarded on January 7, 2022 and the last will be awarded on December 16, 2022, with weekly frequency.
2. Prizes will be awarded on each Friday for the duration of the contest. If the Friday is a holiday, the winner will be contacted on the Thursday or the Monday.
3. To enter, go to www.oodmag.com/MBentry and complete the Memory Bank contest form.
4. Entrants are allowed to submit up to two photos at one time, and may enter as many times as they like. (See Photo Guidelines for content).
5. All entrants will be considered for inclusion in the online Memory Bank and the Memory Bank page in the magazine. The person whose photo is featured for “Photo Friday” will receive a prize. Apart from the Photo Friday prize, no other prizes will be awarded for photos used in the Memory Bank galleries that appear in the print or digital magazine, or on the OOD website.
6. Photo Friday winners will be determined by the OOD editorial team based on seasonality, quality and appropriateness. Only photos that depict safe hunting and fishing practices (i.e. unloaded firearms, hunter orange, lifejackets on youth in boats and on docks) will be considered, as stated in the photo guidelines.
7. Photo Friday photos appear on the OOD website homepage and in the online Memory Bank, in addition to OOD social media channels. They may also appear in the magazine.
8. If the winner cannot be reached within six days of being notified of their winning photo or declines the prize, no prize will be awarded that week. The winner will be contacted the day the photo appears online.
9. The prize must be accepted as awarded, and may not be transferred or exchanged. By entering this contest, entrants consent to the use of their entry name, city of residence, and winning photo in the online “Memory Bank” section and on the “Photo Friday” post carried out by OOD, without further notice or compensation.
10. This contest is open to all residents of Ontario who have reached the age of majority, excluding employees of the Ontario Federation of Anglers and Hunters, dealers and agents, contest suppliers and judges, and those with whom they are domiciled. The contest is subject to all applicable federal, provincial, and municipal laws and regulations.
12. For the name of the winner, please visit www.oodmag.com weekly or the OOD social media channels.
13. Odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received. All entries that are incomplete, damaged, have been submitted through illicit means, or do not conform to or satisfy any condition of the rules, may be disqualified. OOD takes no responsibility for lost, misdirected, or destroyed entries, or for typographical or other production errors. OOD is not responsible for any errors or omissions in the printing or advertising of this contest. All entries become the property of OOD and will not be returned.
15. By entering this contest, entrants release and hold harmless OOD, their advertising and promotional agencies, the contest judge(s), and their respective affiliates, directors, officers, owners, partners, employees, agents, dealers, representatives, successors, and assigns (collectively the ‘Releasees’) from any and all liability for any loss, harm, damages, cost or expense arising out of participation in the contest, participation in any contest and/or prize related activity or the acceptance, use, misuse, or delivery of any prize, including but not limited to costs, injuries, losses related to personal injuries, death, damage to, loss or destruction of the prize or any other property, rights of publicity or privacy, defamation, or portrayal in a false light, or from any and all claims of third parties arising therefrom. The entrant agrees to fully indemnify Releasees from any and all claims by third parties relating to the contest, including without limitation any claims of infringement of rights to copyright, privacy and/or personality. This contest will be run in accordance with these rules, subject to amendment by OOD. Contestants must comply with these rules, and will be deemed to have received and understood the rules by participating in the contest. The terms of this contest, as set out in these rules, are not subject to amendment or counter-offer, except as set out therein.
16. OOD assumes no responsibility for failure of the Internet or the website during the promotional period, for any problems or technical malfunction of any telephone network or lines, computer online systems, servers, access providers, or computer equipment. OOD assumes no responsibility for software failure of any email, or traffic congestion on the Internet or at any website, or any combination thereof, including any injury or damage to an entrant’s or any other person’s computer related to or resulting from playing or downloading any material in the promotion. OOD reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to cancel or suspend the email portion of this contest should a virus, bug or other cause beyond their reasonable control, corrupt the security or proper administration of the contest. Any attempt to deliberately damage any website or to undermine the legitimate operation of this promotion is a violation of criminal and civil law. Should such an attempt be made, OOD reserves the right to seek remedies and damages to the fullest extent permitted by law, including criminal prosecution.
17. If the identity of an entrant is disputed, the authorized account holder of the email address submitted at the time of the entry will be deemed to be the entrant. The individual assigned to the email address for the domain associated with the submitted email address is considered the authorized account holder of the email address associated with the selected entry. All entries must be submitted from a valid email account that may be identified by reverse domain name search. The sole determinant of time for the purposes of receipt of a valid entry in this contest will be the contest server machine(s).
- There is a 2-photo limit per entry, but you can enter as often as you like.
- Photos must depict safe hunting and fishing practices (i.e. safe muzzle direction, hunter orange, lifejackets on youth in boats and on docks).
- Assist us by using a file name that contains your name (John-Smith.jpg).
- Images can’t contain gore.
- You must be the owner of the photo.