do u guys know any crown land where i can practice
    I willing to go till parry sound in north
    thanks

2. # ADS
    Advertisement
    ADVERTISEMENT

Borderline Spammer

User Info Menu

Simcoe County has over 56000 acres of county forests that are accessible to OFAH members - you should already know this if your a member!

Apprentice

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by genec View Post
    Simcoe County has over 56000 acres of county forests that are accessible to OFAH members - you should already know this if your a member!
    There is no target shooting permitted in Simcoe county forests

Has too much time on their hands

User Info Menu

The BDHACC accepts members yearly. Best way to join and meet a potential sponsor is to attend monthly meetings (open to everyone).
    "What calm deer hunter's heart has not skipped a beat when the stillness of a cold November morning is broken by the echoes of hounds tonguing yonder?" -Anonymous-

Just starting out

User Info Menu

Hi,
    You can use the Ontario Crown Land Atlas to search for crown land which permits shooting.

Just one thing: please make sure to clean up after shooting and otherwise using the land. If we don't treat it right, parcels of land can always be closed to shooting. While not on Crown land, this happened in the Marlborough Forest near Ottawa. Too many boneheads leaving their trash, not cleaning up brass/hulls, not shooting safely (e.g., no backstop), and damaging the trees - it all added up to the land being closed to target shooting.
    Last edited by neilselden; July 25th, 2024 at 10:20 AM.

Member for Life

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by neilselden View Post
    Hi,
    You can use the Ontario Crown Land Atlas to search for crown land which permits shooting.

Just one thing: please make sure to clean up after shooting and otherwise using the land. If we don't treat it right, parcels of land can always be closed to shooting. While not on Crown land, this happened in the Marlborough Forest near Ottawa. Too many boneheads leaving their trash, not cleaning up brass/hulls, not shooting safely (e.g., no backstop), and damaging the trees - it all added up to the land being closed to target shooting.
    That's pretty much the case with all Conservation Authority and county forests across the province.
    Society needs to stop bending to the will of the delusional.