Thread: Trapping in your back yard

Has all the answers

User Info Menu

Default Trapping in your back yard

I just finished reading "Live from your yard" in the August issue. I don't see any mention on how to dispatch a critter in a live trap if you want to eat it. Just curious as I wouldn't eat a Squirrel from this hood...................Daniel
    It's not the mountain ahead that wears you out, it's the grain of sand in yer shoe.

2. # ADS
    Advertisement
    ADVERTISEMENT

Mod Squad

User Info Menu

Well think g thats what rain barrels are for. No bullet holes and already washed for dinner.
    Time in the outdoors is never wasted

Getting the hang of it

User Info Menu

In most suburban areas squirrels survive off of peoples bird feeders and peanuts that people put out for them. Makes them fat and tasty. Another thing the article didn't mention is to make sure you don't leave your trap open at night, unless you don't mind dealing with a skunk in the morning.
    Focus on integrity and eventually your name will be its own currency.
    Hunt L.E.S.S. Legally, Ethically, Safely, Sustainably.

Has all the answers

User Info Menu

[QUOTE=finsfurfeathers;1221607]Well think g thats what rain barrels are for.

A squirrel committed suicide in my rain barrel.
    It's not the mountain ahead that wears you out, it's the grain of sand in yer shoe.

Has all the answers

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Pioneerfreq View Post
    In most suburban areas squirrels survive off of peoples bird feeders and peanuts that people put out for them. Makes them fat and tasty. Another thing the article didn't mention is to make sure you don't leave your trap open at night, unless you don't mind dealing with a skunk in the morning.
    Yes I had to deal with a Skunk trapped in the daylight.

Getting the hang of it

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by boogaloo View Post
    Yes I had to deal with a Skunk trapped in the daylight.
    UGH! Skunks are such a PITA! The one animal you don't want in your live trap is probably the easiest animal to trap.
    Focus on integrity and eventually your name will be its own currency.
    Hunt L.E.S.S. Legally, Ethically, Safely, Sustainably.