Thread: Getting To The End

Getting the hang of it

User Info Menu

Default Getting To The End

I go on a couple of photo sites and they have a feature that allows you to go to the end or last post. I find this very handy especially with long and multi page posts instead of scrolling through to find where yesterdays replies start.. Wondering how other people feel and whether it could even work on OOD but I thought I would throw it out there.
    rodmcd

2. # ADS
    Advertisement
    ADVERTISEMENT

Mod Squad

User Info Menu

Site has a button to take you to the last page. can scroll down to the last post. How much of a time saver to go to the last post as opposed to rewriting the script don't know. How much of a problem is the current system?
    Time in the outdoors is never wasted

Apprentice

User Info Menu

I tend to agree. If the thread has had a lot of postings and is a topic one wants to revisit as posts are added, it is convenient to be able to go directly to where you left off. However, I don't think we get many of those here though.
    CCFR Member

Mod Squad

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by rodmcd View Post
    I go on a couple of photo sites and they have a feature that allows you to go to the end or last post. I find this very handy especially with long and multi page posts instead of scrolling through to find where yesterdays replies start.. Wondering how other people feel and whether it could even work on OOD but I thought I would throw it out there.
    rodmcd
    Click on the "Go To Last Post" button.
    TS

Getting the hang of it

User Info Menu

Thanks Troutslayer, All these sites are slightly different which is to be expected and sometimes the answer is right in front of your eyes. I think that will work great once I get used to it.
    rodmcd

Getting the hang of it

User Info Menu

Finsfurfeathers, I understand your reasoning and question. I guess it is just a case of what you find on other sites and find personally helpful. I am a little bit of a site junkie due to waking up so bleeding early in the a.m. and having nothing else to do. I could certainly live without it and continue to use and enjoy OOS. Thanks for the input.
    rodmcd

Just starting out

User Info Menu

Hi,

I’ve noticed that some photo sites have a feature allowing users to jump directly to the end or the latest post in a thread. This is incredibly useful, especially for long or multi-page discussions, as it saves time and makes it easier to catch up on recent replies without endless scrolling.