Thread: Amazon Lure Success

Just starting out

User Info Menu

Default Amazon Lure Success

Hey All,

I am looking to build my girls (7 and 4) tackle boxes for christmas but money is tight. I know quality over quantity is the way to go, but since they are so young, snags and lost lures are a usual occurrence and losing EGBs and Mepps constantly cant be a thing

Do any of you have good experience with any inexpensive Amazon lures of sets of lures? Any advice is appreciated. Thanks!
    Totally new to hunting. Please excuse my ignorance. That is all.

2. # ADS
    Advertisement
    ADVERTISEMENT

Has all the answers

User Info Menu

To be honest, my dad bought me the standard twist tail grubs in a couple colors with jig heads and the old worm hook with a bobber for my first tackle box. Don't over think it, kids don't really care about "stuff" they just want to have fun.

Has all the answers

User Info Menu

Like Dean.F said keep simple and keep them busy catching pan fish they won't care about the big ones.
    When my kids were small i use to take them in the spring to the Holland marsh after ice out to catch cat fish with just a worms on a hook and sinker and they would catch one after the other, now that they are grownup with kids of their own that's what they do with their kids also with gramps tagging along.

Loyal Member

User Info Menu

There's tons of local (ontario based) lure manufactures that do a fantastic job
    DM me and I can give you a list of a few that are fantastic to deal with

Leads by example

User Info Menu

I gave my kids floating shallow diving rapalas, a lot fewer snags than the metal spoons.
    National Association for Search and Rescue

Mod Squad

User Info Menu

I gave my three kids lures that worked. Sure, might have been a bobber and good hook with worm, or even Mepps spinners. Some people would like their kids to learn guitar, but if they purchase the kid a cheap offshore axe with action so high it makes their fingers bleed, they loose interst very fast. So, buy your kid a Martin D28.
    TS

Just starting out

User Info Menu

Hi,
    I realize my response is late, given Christmas has already passed.

But you may want to check out spinner making kits available on Amazon and AliExpress. If your girls are crafty, they might enjoy making their own lures.

As well, spinners, spoons, and jigs are inexpensive if you buy from AliExpress.

Cheers,
    Neil

Has too much time on their hands

User Info Menu

Check (Temu) out, its like amazon but no brand names. Pretty good knock offs to the point that some lures look like they were made from the same mold.
    "Give a man a fish and he eats for a day, Teach a man to fish and he eats for the rest of his life"